The City of Rock Valley
Named after the Rock River which runs through northwest Sioux County in Iowa, in the summer of 1897, the town of Rock Valley was platted by area landowner Col. A.J. Warren and the Chicago - Milwaukee Railroad. Thanks to the vision and planning of Col. Warren more that a century ago, Rock Valley residents today enjoy beautiful, wide tree-lined streets. Rock Valley has been and still is an aggressive, developing community actively seeking new growth while holding on to its traditional values and friendliness.
A drive through Main Street's business district provides a glimpse into the past with many of the town's first buildings still in use. The Warren Hotel which was built in 1883 now houses a law office and Youth Center, and the James Pardon Buildings, built in that same year, now are used for retail stores.
Because of continued growth and development throughout this century, Rock Valley now is truly a "Place of Opportunities." A progressive Economic Development Corporation and Chamber of Commerce, growing industry, outstanding hospital and health care services, many churches, public and parochial schools committed to providing the highest standards and educational opportunities, and beautiful parks and recreation facilities together provide a living environment to be envied.